Coronavirus Stay At Home Debate: Reality vs Virtual

Today's smartphones are little computers, and they certainly feel that when you can not only take a high quality picture on your phone but also dress it up and organize it before posting it, all without using your main big computer. The app I have always used for this is called: LiveCollage. Sometime back I was putting a couple of photos together so I opened my app and saw a new section called "Beauty". I decided to try it, and found my internal thoughts comparing Reality versus Virtual Reality.

Women wearing make up has a lot of different arguments. Back in the day it could of meant you were rich enough to afford it or you were a "working" woman. Nowadays, girls want to play with it when their mothers wear it. Mothers worry about girls becoming women too soon, and when that girl grows up she can't leave the house without her "face". Our faces are still on and don't actually have the ability to come off (or on). It means we can't leave the house without putting on our preferred face for the world to view. Lot's of people actually don't know their identity without it.

But then I was playing with different ideas on how to do "How to" videos. Below I am going to show how I actually do my make up, how an app would do it, and how reality compares to virtual reality in a form of "How to".

1) Reality

This will take you 30 minutes to do, with my supplies being a mix of bareMinerals and Asian make up (because they take their make up seriously).

A) Prep (10 minutes)
I first use my 3 step facial cleanser, which can also be seen in my Spa Day blog. Then I apply under eye help, because under my eyes shows I don't sleep well-and while I will be covering it up, I would always prefer to try to solve the issue in the long term. As well as chapstick, its good to give back to your lips, especially as they are the last step you do.

B) Face (10 minutes)
I first use primer and then use concealer on my under eyes. I cover the concealer I just did with mineral veil so it looks more natural with the rest of powder foundation. Then proceed to foundation and blush, finishing with highlighter.

C) Eyes (5 minutes)
I start with brows and then do lashes. Eye shadow is last. I normally do one color, but you can do three colors across the base, middle and upper eye. I usually use more neutral colors as bold colors make my blue eyes pop more than I would like.

D) Lips (5 minutes)
You can use lipgloss or lipstick and apply less than you need and smack your lips together to spread it.

It may seem like that is a lot to put on, but what is amazing about the brand I use is that you don't feel it at all.

2) Virtual

To use most of the customization options for the Beauty Section in LiveCollage costs money, a monthly amount-but some options are free. It will take you about a half hour or so to play with the options. There are two finished looks unlocked and this is one of them. To be honest, most of it is well done. If I posted this, besides it being a dark look for a light person like me, I don't know that most people would know I did all that from my couch.

3) Truth & Conclusion

So the question I ask to you, is which is the truth? For me, this is the truth. My go to look is a natural look. Make up is nice, and can have a positive effect on a woman, but it should enhance your existing beauty-not be your only source of beauty. So many are so concerned with how they look to the world or posting the perfect picture on social media. Especially right now, with social distancing the only way we are all staying close is by phone or social media. Enjoy putting on a face as needed for the world, but remember your face as it is-is loved. You know what another funny thing is too? The Virtual Reality is so much harsher than the reality, and when you think about it-that's usually how it feels like when you compare other things in one reality versus another.

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn


Comments

Popular Posts