What is a Brand Ambassador?

Have you heard of Brand Ambassadors? Most likely you have seen them on your Instagram and not realized that they were being asked by the brands to have people that use the products to post and tag them. Since I separated my business and personal Instagram and update both accordingly, I have been approached by two different companies to be their Brand Ambassador. This blog is going to talk about what it means to be a Brand Ambassador and Should you do it?

What does it mean to be a Brand Ambassador?
It means that I on my personal Instagram, @OrphanCookie69, would use the products and photograph my use of it and tag the provider of the product when I post. So that someone who follows me would possibly see it and if they wonder where I got that awesome product and upon clicking they would be able to purchase it. There is usually some motivation to have them mention you when they buy it and you would get a split. How much you get depends on how much you sell, and there is usually a certain amount of times you are asked to post a month.

Should you do it?
This is perfect for someone who aims to be a "Social Media Influencer" and just do things to get a lot of followers and have multiple products that they get cuts from their followers purchasing stuff so that they can look like them. Also if it makes sense for you to stand by this product, and makes sense with your lifestyle. For example, you should not be a fitness brand ambassador when you haven't worked out in the last 6 months. If it makes sense for you though, there is usually an ambassador discount so you can get your goodies for a little cheaper than normal.

In a way I feel flattered that I would of been chosen to be a brand ambassador, with my small following on either of my accounts, but both are higher end price points fitness brands and as much as I am getting healthier and wanting to be active- I am not really active. It doesn't make sense for me, but I definitely think it is saying something to have gotten more and more offers. Maybe I should add "Social Media Influencer" to my list of hats I wear. For now, I am not going to do it-but if you get the offer, let me know if you do!

I also have to say, after writing this blog and before I published it, I was approached by two other stores wanting me to be an ambassador. Crazy Stuff, it is making me think about it more!

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts