Power of a Good Reputation

Things for me and my husband have been pretty busy, despite COVID and Riots. Between Leasing, Marketing, and Business Development - I am looking forward to an eventual break. And yet recent Leasing and Business Development activity have brought to light something to blog about - The Power of  A Good Reputation.

Like Bad Bad Leroy Brown in the infamous song by Jim Croce, (listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E) Leroy Brown's reputation preceded him and even if it took a lot of work to build up, once built up, it did most of his work for him. Most men feared him and had his way...mostly. If you listen to the song, he was undone by the one man who loved his wife enough to challenge him and win. But Leroy Brown, did not think anything of this man assuming his reputation would scare him or his gun skills would just shut him up. I don't know if this is based on a true story, but if it is not, it is your general western bad guy. But look at that reputation.

How does reputation play into my business? In two ways, a general way and a specific way in the market place. Let's talk first about the general way. I was helping someone build a cleaning business and while they were doing all their own stuff, I offer to mention them as needed and as necessary. I am very careful with my social media that is under my name, as I know it is tied to my business accounts and can be easily found. And if you are active enough on social media, people can feel like they know you even if they have never met you. I suggested the cleaning business and the cleaning business ended up getting the gig. As is usual, when you meet the client you talk about who you both know that referred you, and when speaking about me the client "liked me even though she had never met me". The referral being successful is due to two things: my reputation being good and my suggestion being a trustworthy one, and the client liking my suggestion enough to go with it.

The other way that reputation comes into play is on the Facebook Marketplace. When I started using the Facebook marketplace, there was only the option to use it under a personal profile. So I started and continued using my personal profile and have used it to help leasing since 2018. Year over year, my average conversion has increased exponentially. Somewhere along the way I realized that I have a seller profile and it is below:
As you can see, I have one rating and that gives me 5 stars. I have good response time, which can be a hard thing to maintain, and 50 followers. 50 people get notifications when I post something to the marketplace. How does this help? It plays out in other numbers. Where Facebook in 2019 was responsible for 19% of our leads, Facebook in 2020 is already responsible for 34% of our leads. More leads means better odds for a good tenant and happy ending for tenant, owner, and agent. It can be hard to quantify the value of a good reputation but those are some pretty solid numbers.

When creating a good reputation, stay consistent and helpful and dedicate yourself to a lot of work upfront. Once the bulk of the work is done and your reputation is established, its much less work to maintain it compared to creating it. It can get you farther than you think it will. When in doubt, I am happy to help you and use my reputation!

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts