Birthday's Last All Month Long

For anyone who knows me personally, You know I entered my late 20's last week. Yes I am a Gemini (and I am awesome). This blog is not written to ask for more birthday wishes, it is to talk about birthdays. Birthdays, from our childhood, are exciting times and even as we get into May and May turns into June, I already know my birthday is in a couple of weeks. But as of June 1st, I was already getting emails from Nintendo sending me a Birthday Wish Paper Airplane. In reality, birthdays last all month long.

Starting the first of the month, you get the businesses that have birthdays of their clients in their system and emails go out the month of the client's birthday. You have to remember, those emails are usually automated. But then as you get closer to the day, you get the people that prefer to email you the week of your birthday. Which makes sense, given that birthday activities tend to happen the week of the day. And then of course on the day, besides the emails from every business on the day of, and the Facebook Messages, and the LinkedIn messages- it is a great day to go out, as you will have discounts or a free dessert.

What is the importance of birthdays? For the business, being apart of the celebration is a source of income for many businesses. From people getting gifts, to birthday meals, to spending gift cards received as gifts. For the birthday girls, it is where you gather in groups of 10+ people with family and celebrate another year of life. Take a second and think about it, do you have your client's birthdays? If you do, do you celebrate with them?

If the answer to either of those questions is No, you need to take actions to change that to Yes. Even though I can tell you that there are a lot of different people that contacted me between June 1 and June 15, it makes a difference. For friends and family, even I do not see them often but they always send me a message and we stay close. For businesses, them being human with me for a day makes me more willing to give them that preference in my mind. In this day and age, for any type of business - between google and referrals you can find 5+ businesses that offer said services. The one that has mind "market share", gets the business. For other professionals, it is an easy way to message someone and build up a connection that could turn into future business. Most people would be inclined to talk to someone they have talked to before, versus talking to a stranger. True, the professional that messages me once a year is as much a stranger as the one I have not talked to before, but it doesn't feel like that.

Something else to consider too, is if you are going to offer birthday specials, it is helpful to make them last all month long. It is pretty impossible to get all of your birthday shopping or celebrating in one day. As a kid, having a big divorced family I was used to my birthday being a couple of days. As an adult, I partied on Sunday and took Monday "off" and even though its one day off and one weekend-as a working adult, its hard to use all the goodies I have in that time frame, like I am looking forward to my Coffee Bean treat but will most likely get that later this week, or on my next cheat day. Give your customers time to use the goodies. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of even your funniest plans.

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts