The Emoji Battle: Facebook vs Bitmoji

The other day my husband was on Facebook and noticed that Facebook had their own emoji's. I had seen them before, since one of my Facebook friends had compared them to Bitmoji. Today I made my Facebook Emoji. It seems like everyone is getting into the emoji game, I even have one on my phone from Apple. I guess you could say your emoji is as good as your picture? I am not going to compare Apple's emoji, it only exists on apple phones. I am going to compare Facebook to Bitmoji.

Facebooks Emoji
To create your emoji: go to the three lines to the right end of the menu on the app, see more, avatars. 

It is very fair to say that this was inspired by Bitmoji, but it has a very different feel. There are not a lot of options, but I believe that will change over time. It's got a nice look to it, and to be fair I have like 3 of those "sweater dresses" in my closet and they are amazing. Let's compare this to Bitmoji: 

It is impossible to get a screenshot of my bitmoji without seeing all the options. Bitmoji definitely has a more "cartoon" or "comic book" effect to their people. With the options comes the ability to have the Bitmoji look more like you. But the drawback is that to use Bitmoji on social media, usually Facebook or Instagram for me, you have to go to one app to create the content to use on another. 
This blog in some ways is a little bit tough for me to write because I really do not like looking at myself this much. But to know if the emoji's really do their job, you have to look at the source. Even with giving myself some time to look at them all and soak it all in, Facebook's emoji is a clean not nearly so accurate version of me. Bitmoji is closer to me. I wonder if Facebook knew one of the main reasons people use emoji's online, its to be involved and posting stuff but to be safe as well. Its easy to forget how well someone could use the information online against us, and a photo is a thousand words. 

You know what else crossed my mind, If there is a different version of you for every program or device or site you are on, then when the world goes "virtual"...does that become more real than the reflection in the mirror? It's honestly not much of a leap, after the fashion runways change what beauty looks like and people develop disorders trying to become that...A future where appearances are not important because they are artificial in some ways sounds good. But there is something to be said about real beauty, real people and real conversations that no amount of technology will ever do away with.

I am curious how Facebook Emoji's grow in time, but for now my loyalty is still with Bitmoji. What are your thoughts? How do your emoji's compare with you?

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts