Static versus Moving Images

I may have touched on this before, but videos are taking over the world. Video and Movies have always had such a changing effect to them, no matter where in history you see them pop up. Especially since Google purchased YouTube, it was foretold that when you would google something a youtube video would pop up. But today I want to talk about images, are they more effective as a still image or moving image? 

For our comparison today, I have for you: Corkers. It is reusing your corks to create little critters. It is as cute as it sounds. I came across this when our local Bevmo was moving out of its retail space and everything was on sale. I want to show you first the still image versions: 


Now, as far as images go. These are well taken and you can clearly see the cork transform into a robot and a buffalo. Even someone who can't get behind how cute they are can get behind a funny way to use your corks. Next are the videos. 




It may come to you as no surprise, but when I did a week long poll comparing the still to the moving-the moving won with a landslide. Let me tell you how, using only my phone, I turned the images into small videos. I used an app called: Pixaloop. It is free to download, and full features cost money but the complimentary features are great. Just upload your photo and pick your effects and save it. 

Now the question is, should you be using a video every time you would of otherwise posted an image? I would say it depends. If I happened to make the corkers and was attempting to advertise them and more people paid attention to them when they moved, I would use them where possible. But to only use videos? I think there is a time and place for photos. I would say, keep your options open and use both as needed. 

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts