When To Order The Original, And When To Re-Create The Original

In this past month I have been talking about a lot celebrating and 2019 adventures. One of them involved a fun family riddle to solve that I am going to tell you about. I am old enough as a woman to have a father that turned 50 last year. Hard to imagine, I mean 50 seems so old, but by the time a father is 50-said daughter is no young ling either.

For this particular father's birthday, we decided to have it be Margaritaville themed on a sunset cruise with a "small" group of family and friends. We went to our favorite stop for favors, The Oriental Trading Company, and got most of what we needed from there. But we were missing a truly great sign. So we went shopping around for the sign and started to get quotes, and found it was more than we wanted pay for a one time use sign. Oh I might add that we were short on time so shipping would have to be quick for this, because you know when you plan a party life likes to keep you busy with other things.
Original

So me being the creative soul that I am thought, we could create it ourselves for less. So I broke it down for what was in the sign:
1) Sunset at the beach background
2) Text
3) A bamboo frame
4) Two drinks in the center
5) 3 birds
Re-Do

So I recreated the Margaritaville sign. With some customization, because if you are going to take the time to recreate something- you should have some fun with it and enjoy how it looks, even if different than the original. If anyone looks at it and recognizes it for what it should be and enjoys it, even if there is not two of the same bird-it did its job. And ordered it from Vistaprint.

It turned out great, and even if I saw any flaws with it (since I created it) - no one had a negative thing to say about it. It actually went to show me that there is a good opportunity to not only grow my business but to help make an important celebration better by getting more into Major Anniversary customized materials. For an iconic anniversary or birthday, it is totally worth the money to do something you never otherwise do at a party.

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts