Mistakes Are Lessons Worth Making Once

If you thought part one was good, you are going to love part two of this story. Now it is human to make mistakes, and it is worth it to learn the lesson. Any editing process can be hectic, if you think about it-you are creating something you want to stand by but that the client also likes. And of course when you are paying for something you want to make sure it looks really good, so you look at the details and what not more than a normal person would.

I have times where I swear I am dyslexic, but it has not been proven officially (LOL). Too many hands in the cookie jar can also do this to anyone-it would be why I always have someone who was not involved in the edit or creating process check it to see something I might have missed. Like an artist, to really see how your painting is doing, you must step away from it and look at the bigger picture. Typo here in this case being the phone number which was not realized until delivery of product.
















So, in seeing this I thought, well shi* happens and I bet we can fix this and give this story an even better ending. So I thought to myself, how would I fix this? I took partial blame and all fixes were on me. And then the idea came to me, you can print your own iron on and put it on a square of fabric and iron it over the design. I mean, I created the design, I had all the blueprint I need to recreate one single number on the shirt. If you look at the shirt in the process of fixing and hanging up, you can hardly tell it was not supposed to be on there. Why? I tricked the eye. It is fabric on fabric. And about a days worth of work.























I was grateful to my client for being so understanding in the situation, and I was grateful to past experience (FIDM and Embroidery Employment) for giving me the tools I needed to right this wrong, and the universe for allowing me the awesomeness to learn not one but two lessons in opportunity. All this to say, most people sweat over mistakes and get way to worked up about them. Or refuse to do anything in fear that they will make a mistake. Go for it and if you make a mistake, learn what you need to learn the first time and adjust yourself accordingly. You can only be made stronger not weaker for trying to fight the good fight that is life. 

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts