The Spirit Animals of Marketing: Part 1

Hello and welcome to our blogs covering Dan Pacheo's: The Spirit Animals of Marketing. Now, when I am out and about-I see all sorts of things that give me inspiration and ideas of content to bring to you. Some time back, I had caught something called "Marketing Tips from Animals" and I thought it was so cool! Well, fast forward to a couple of months ago where I am planning my content for 2019 and see that on my list, but no reference link-I can not find it to save my life. In my search for  it, I come across The Spirit Animals of Marketing. After a little bit of thinking, I decided to go for The Spirit of Animals of Marketing instead-and I have no regrets!

The Spirit Animals of Marketing - Dan Pacheo
What started this book for him was the idea of the "Genesis of Creativity". What is that? That is the idea that there is no such thing as an original idea, that all of our basis for ideas come from Nature. Like the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco looks an awful lot like Hill Sides one would see in the country.  If this is the case, where are the fossils of marketing? He believes it to be found in the Ancient Art of Storytelling and using Emotions. Hustler and Grinders of Today were the Hunters and Survivors of Old.

Here are the 6 Spirit Animals of Marketing: 
1. Wolf
The Wolf is Loyal, Thoughtful, Tenacious, Obsessive Hunter, Observer, Pack Member and Strategist. As a Wolf in Marketing- Be Digital, Print, Audible-Be Everywhere. Implementation: Create Signature Hashtags, Be The Alpha in your subject/market, and engage in Long Term Romanticized Campaigns.
2. Chameleon
The Chameleon blends in, like  how Coke can blend in with Animal Lovers and EDM goers. One brand can get into multiple demographics and still be themselves. The Chameleon is weird, if you are going to be weird, then be weird and own it! Stand out from the crowd, Do the Unexpected, and Love Thy Self! Implementation: Use subconscious connections of your customers.
3. Angler Fish
The Angler Fish, most of us have seen this in movies or heard of it. It is not an animal to strive to be, but one that many of us have to be at one time. You know those things that are too good to be true, the Angler Fish undervalues itself as a trusted light source. A good example of this would be Click Bait.

Join me next week as we discuss the last three Spirit Animals of Marketing! Do you see yourself in any of these animals marketing wise?

P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts