Computer Cleaning and New Year Prepping

Last week of 2017! Where did the year go! Before we jump into 2018, I say we clear out our computers who have worked so hard for us this year, and make sure they are ready to go! Below is a list of programs I would suggest using as they are free and work well:

1- RKill
RKill is step one and just goes through and gets rid of anything preliminary before you run your rootkit killer.

2- TDSS Killer
This quickly scans and gets rid of any rootkits.

3- CCleaner
Clean up your files and registry, look for anything odd in the startup items.

4- Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyWare, & Spybot Search & Destroy
Install all three, then update and run scans with each of them. Spybot has a "Passive Protection" feature that I recommend applying as well.

5- Microsoft Security Essentials
This would be for your day to day protection, but it is a good idea to run 1-4 once a month and just keep a good eye on your computer.

I run a scan of all this monthly and it has kept my computer healthy in my going on 3 years of working from home. Let me know how this helps your computer!

Email Me - Phone: 1(657) 246-2298 - Website - Portfolio - FB - Twitter - IG - Pinterest - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts