Customer Service Review: Mini Cooper


As I was reading this, I had a revelation that I recently had been doing business with a company that exemplified all these values. A little bit of background as to why I chose to review this company for its customer service, I personally have always liked Mini Coopers. For the life of me, I could and still can not explain it, and up until last year I had Chrysler’s and Chevys, with a longing for my Mini never dyeing. Labor Day weekend on 2017-I got my dream car- 2017 Mini Cooper Clubman.

I would like to show you how a company many know and love, Mini Cooper, exemplifies this. Sometimes when you see customer service models, you may think-how do I do this for my business? Customer service is customer service-let’s see how it applies to the European auto provider does it:

Golden Rule #1: Go Beyond, and Beyond, and Beyond
Most dealerships have customer lounges. I personally love Mini’s for the fact that there is good seating, TV, a great coffee machine, and a vending machine. Combine that with the free wifi and quick service-their lounge puts many to shame from little things that help make it so unbeatable.

Golden Rule #2: Delight the customer every step of the way
I thought the buying process was simple and well done, but what blew me away was when I went in to get floor mats and the gentleman who helped me asked if I had a “First Date” yet and I said no, so he explored and explained anything I had questions about to me (which is what the First Date is) even though it does not apply to people who purchase used vehicles.  

Golden Rule #3: Make the milestones magical and memorable
I don’t get a lot of mail from Mini, as I am mostly paperless, but I did receive a cute mailer and email as I just hit my one year anniversary with my Mini. Very cute, and positive as it was hard to imagine it had already been a year.

Golden Rule #4: Serve
I was going in to get maintenance done but did not have an appointment, they were willing to see me but suggested I make an appointment so that they could have a loaner available in case I needed to go and let the car do its’ thing. Making it easy to take care of my car and help me have my day, that is serving.

Golden Rule #5: Use over the top communication to WOW the customer
While they have very and simple marketing, communication also pertains to during the transaction. For the fact that there are 5+ people involved in handling any auto purchase, all were on the same page and very helpful.

Golden Rule #6: Deliver the unexpected to create business Karma
The easiest way that I would say they have achieved this, is by giving you a wonderful experience and asking for reviews or if your friends or family members need a mini-come see them. If they were good to you, and you actually followed up with a referral-they would be even better to the referral!

Golden Rule #7: Blow Your Customer Away
I was shown their ability to fix and offer solutions during the negotiation process. I was a very easy customer to please, I walked right in and knew what I was looking for. My husband started to try and negotiate the price lower just as they were starting up paperwork, and they worked with him to give him what he was asking for and repicked up the pace with the paperwork in a relatively short time.  

Golden Rule #8: Offer Sizzling Guarantees
As I was buying a used vehicle, if there was anything wrong with it or I wanted to change it out, I had a week or so to be able to do so. I definitely did not need it, as I had found the car I was looking at online and hoping to “find something close to” when I went looking that day.  

Golden Rule #9: Recover Boldly
When I purchased my vehicle, I did not realize she was missing her floor mats until I got home. I tried to put other non-mini floor mats it, but it was not cutting it. So, I had to go in for something else and asked about their prices on floor mats, explained how I had none, and he let me pick which ones I wanted and cut it to fit my car, for free.  

Golden Rule #10: Make saying thank you a big-time event
Mini Cooper often invites me to Movie Nights, BBQ’s and so much more. Nice (and tax write off) customer appreciation events that keeps me in touch with Mini for both business and fun.

It is my dearest hope, that between reading The $6,000 Egg by Deb and Todd Duncan; and seeing how it can and does play out in other companies…that you would be able to work on your customer service approach and take the rest of the year to prepare to earn more business in 2019 with it! Moxi Zombi Marketing would also love to be apart of that effort!

Join me next week as I review another company to work on turning your customer service results into testimonials!  


P:(657) 246-2298-Email Me - Moxi Zombi Marketing - Blog-Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Flickr - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts