Ch 3/4 - Modes, Exposure, and Contrast

Hello Everyone! This is a great time to be doing this adventure as the weather is just blooming to be breath taking! For this week, we are combining Chapter 3 (which focuses on different modes for a DSLR) and Ch 4(which focuses on  Exposure), and for that we find ourselves again at Knott's Berry Farm - which is currently celebrating the season of the Boysenberry.

For Ch 3's photos, I ended up trying out how the Levels and Vibrance effect the photos within Photoshop. Levels, this is the first time I have messed with it and I quite like how effective it is at helping out a photo brighten up in ways without losing any detail. I did two photos on this that can be found on Pinterest.

For Ch 4's photos, I focused on varying amounts of Exposure or "Light" within the photos and used the Reduce Noise feature in PS. I did find it to be a small help but not much of a seeable one unfortunately, but good to know in case a future photo needs a small touch .
For Ch 5 preview, we will be focusing on Contrast, or the difference between the darkest parts of a photo and the lightest. This is something I have never really thought about directly when taking a photo but always can tell when photos have a good or bad variance of this within it. Stay tuned for next weeks post!

Oh and Happy Easter Sunday to those who celebrate it! I know I will enjoy spending my Sunday morning in church and it may end up being the source of next weeks photos!

Email Me - Phone: 1(657) 246-2298 - Website - Portfolio - FB - Twitter - IG - Pinterest - LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts